Date: Wednesday, January 10, 2018
Start Time: 8:30 AM
End Time: 12:00 PM
Location: Memorial Student Center, Willow/Walnut Room
The registration period has closed for this event.
safeTALK helps participants become alert to suicide. Suicide-alert people are better prepared to connect persons with thoughts of suicide with life-affirming help. Over the course of their training, safeTALK participants will learn to:
• Notice and respond to situations where suicide thoughts may be present
• Recognize that invitations for help are often overlooked
• Move beyond the common tendency to miss, dismiss, and avoid suicide
• Apply the TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, KeepSafe
• Know community resources and how to connect someone with thoughts of suicide to them for further suicide-safer help.