Date: November 22-23, 2013
Registration Ends: November 22, 2013
This will be a sixteen hour hands-on certification course for dental assistants, with the intended purpose to take dental radiographs, under the supervision of a licensed dentist. This course is approved by the Nebraska Board of Dental Examiners and the renewal of registration in the state of Iowa. As a prerequisite for the course, dental office experience is required.
At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
• Identify the properties and characteristics of the radiation beam and the factors involved in quality imaging.
• Be knowledgeable of radiation safety measures.
• Be able to recognize and use radiographic landmarks
• Have the ability to take and mount a full-mount set of radiographs.
• Be familiar with the state regulations and legal aspects of dental radiology
Tuition: 2-day course $280
Course Director, Timothy F Walker DDS, MS. Assistant Professor Oral Maxillofacial Radiology, Department of Diagnostic Sciences, Creighton University.
Additional Lectures from: Jody Miller, D.A., B.S., Cathy Vanwinkle, D.A., B.S. and Dr. Jennifer Baumert.
This course will be presented at Creighton University School of Dentistry. Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided. Final check-in will begin at 7:30 a.m. on Friday; Class will begin at 8:00 a.m. both days. Since this is a limited attendance course, a cancellation fee of $50 will be charged for cancellations received later than 72 hours prior to the course. Tuition includes an XCP Kit, handouts, and other amenities.