Essential Anterior Dentistry: Digital Portrait to Completed Case
CE Credits: 6
Date: 10/21/2011 (9:00 am - 4:00 pm)
Registration Ends: 10/20/2011 1:00 PM
Location: The Hyatt Regency Birmingham Wynfrey Hotel
1000 Riverchase Galleria
Birmingham, AL 35244
The registration period has closed for this event.
Attention is paid to a methodology (Templates for Success) that takes the guesswork out of delivering anterior dentistry as well as the basic digital photographic methodology needed to participate in the process. Special emphasis will be placed on a unique, laboratory assisted method of delivering direct composite veneers minus the stress of hand sculpting. Comfort
Zone Cosmetics is an excellent 're-entry' for the practitioner having drifted away from anterior dentistry or for those desiring greater involvement in one of dentistry's most satisfying endeavors.
The lecture will include:
1. Digital Photography: The Blue Print; including portraiture principals and techniques as well as the photo equipment needed to enable the practitioner to initiate the smile makeover process; putting the cosmetic simulation to work for greater case acceptance: the more simulations you do, the more cases you do!
2. The Tools of the Trade: An in depth look at a 'paint by number' approach to smile makeovers using Smile Vision's Templates for Success methodology. Discover why having a tried and true system in place enables the practitioner to recommend smile makeovers and proceed without fear of failure.
3. Tooth preparation, impression taking and temporization: Choosing the right preparation for the case at hand. How much tooth must really be sacrificed? Placing accurate provisionals that look like the finished case. What's the low down on 'no-prep' veneers?
4. Stress-free case delivery methods: 'two by two' vs 'all at once' approaches. The right luting materials make all the difference. Truly accelerated cementation of all ceramic restorations shown in video format.
5. The other veneer: Placing template driven direct composite veneers that amazingly reproduce the mock up. Participants will learn of a novel approach to direct composite veneers based upon the same techniques used to deliver ceramic cases. (This approach has to be seen to be believed and is via video demonstration)
6. Participants will learn how to use a consistent, reproducible system to select, design and deliver
cases within a 'Comfort Zone' for future case recognition (they're in your practice everyday) and
Martin B. Goldstein, DMD, is a 1977 graduate of the University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine. He completed post-graduate training in general dentistry at Yale University’s general practice residency program affiliated with Waterbury Hospital in 1978. He has served as an attending clinician at the University of Connecticut’s School of Dental Medicine’s undergraduate teaching program as well as an attending clinician at Connecticut Valley State Hospital’s Dental residency program.
Dr. Goldstein has maintained a private practice for thirty years and is a member of the Dental Society of Greater Waterburyas well as the CSDA, ADA and the Academy of General Dentistry. Dr. Goldstein is a frequent Contributing Editor for Dentistry Today and he is often featured in Contemporary Esthetics and Restorative Practice and Compendium as well as Dental Town and Parkell Today. His articles have also been reprinted in Australia, Great Britain and Canada. Dr. Goldstein is regularly listed as one of the top 100 clinicians in continuing education by “Dentistry Today” magazine.
In April of 2002, Dr. Goldstein began the Comfort Zone Cosmetics Hands On Seminar Series in concert with Smile Vision
Inc., a cosmetic imaging and dental laboratory concern. Currently he serves as a consultant to Coltene Whaledent Inc.,
Kerr/Orascoptic Inc., Parkell, Photomed, J. Morita and Smile Vision.