The current educational climate has given the word “assessment” a negative connotation. Educators have become concerned that students are not intrinsically motivated to reach their personal best as they struggle to balance “teaching to a test” and student burn out. Research shows, assessment practices that provide feedback, empower students to take ownership of their learning as they become more engaged and find value in the educational process. During the High Quality Assessment Workshop educators will reevaluate the assessment process and begin to design assessments that create a classroom culture that fosters intrinsic motivation for students.
* Reflect on current assessment practices
* Identify the characteristics of high quality assessment practices
* Begin to develop assessments that align with high quality assessment best practices
* Begin to develop a classroom framework that supports the high quality assessment process
Date: Monday, September 18, 2017
Time: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM (lunch on your own)
Cost: $125/person or $475 for a team of 4 people
Location: Wabash Valley Education Center
Amanda holds an M.Ed. in Educational Administration, an M.Ed, in Curriculum and Instruction and obtained her B.S. from Indiana State University. Amanda began her career as a secondary social studies teacher. As a teacher she developed an Advanced College Placement curriculum through Indiana University and was a member of the technology, and leadership committees. Amanda has also served as an instructional coach, school administrator, and district level Technology Integration Specialist. Amanda has worked with IDOE Outreach Coordinators and Content Area Specialists to provide the most current assessment updates and Instructional best practices to the schools she has served. She has worked closely with administrators and leadership teams in the areas of 1:1 strategic planning, assessment, device selection, and 21st century instructional shifts.
Registration open through 9/13/2017 11:59 PM EST
WVEC CANCELLATION POLICY:
* Registrants who notify WVEC of their cancellation on or before the registration deadline date will not be required to pay the registration fee.
* Registrants who cancel after the registration deadline but before the workshop date or call to cancel on the day of the workshop will pay 50% of the registration fee.
* Registrants who neglect to call or notify the WVEC of their cancellation will be responsible for paying the full fee.
* On official school corporation weather-related cancellation days, registrants will not be required to pay registration fees.
*Cost of all workshops are based on membership in an Indiana ESC. Any registrants who are not members of an ESC in the state of Indiana will be required to pay the non-member fee of twice the amount of the workshop cost.