Join us for WVEC’s 7th Annual EL Conference: Building a Culture of Language. A Culture of Learning. A Culture of Love. We are excited to announce 2017 Teacher of the Year, Jitka Nelson as this year’s keynote speaker! And as always, there will be multiple presenter s and breakout sessions for every grade level.
This one-day conference will be held on two days to help limit the number of participants in each session and to give you the flexibility to choose the day that works best with your calendar. Or if you have sessions you’d like to attend, but cannot attend them all in one day, feel free to register for both days! BOTH DAYS WILL BE EXACTLY THE SAME. This registration is for Thursday, October 5th.
There will be sessions for General Teachers, EL Teachers, Paraprofessionals, and Administrators. Some of the breakout sessions include:
· Language Building
· Math Fluency and Problem Solving
· Getting Started with ELs
· Supporting Secondary ELs
· Engaging Parents—Parent Nights
Date: Thursday, October 5, 2017
Time: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM (Lunch will be provided) Sign in will begin at 8:30
Cost: $125 if registered by 9/10. $145 if registered 9/11-9/25
Location: Four Points by Sheraton
Registration open through 9/25/2017 11:59 PM EST
No late registrations will be accepted.
|180 people are registered for this event. |
Click here to see everyone attending this event.
WVEC CANCELLATION POLICY:
* Registrants who notify WVEC of their cancellation on or before the registration deadline date will not be required to pay the registration fee.
* Registrants who cancel after the registration deadline but before the workshop date or call to cancel on the day of the workshop will pay 50% of the registration fee.
* Registrants who neglect to call or notify the WVEC of their cancellation will be responsible for paying the full fee.
* On official school corporation weather-related cancellation days, registrants will not be required to pay registration fees.
*Cost of all workshops are based on membership in an Indiana ESC. Any registrants who are not members of an ESC in the state of Indiana will be required to pay the non-member fee of twice the amount of the workshop cost.