This presentation will focus on how a district can enhance the educational experience for students, not just keep them busy.
The following objectives will be met:
• Meeting the guidelines provided by the Indiana Department of Education
• Developing our own sense of guideline to get the most out of our eLearning Days
• Evaluating the effectiveness of lessons used in eLearning (participants may bring lessons to evaluate).
• Developing a standard rubric for which we should apply to our lessons.
• Identifying the 3R’s (Rigor, Relevance and Relationships) and how they can be applied.
• Using DSEI (Daggett System for Effective Instruction) to identify what works best for teachers and students.
• Researching and Identifying effective digital tools that are available and effective for eLearning Days.
o GSuite Tools
o Apps for iPads and Chromebooks
This workshop will be held at Hobart High School in Hobart, Indiana. You will enter the building through Door 1 and the workshop will be held in Room LC 1111.
All times listed are Central Time.
Blake was named the Technology Coordinator of the Indiana Migrant Education Program in June of 2014. Upon his hiring, he was able to assist in integrating a 1:1 initiative with all the migrant students in the state of Indiana. His visionary leadership has provoked the first ever pilot in which students will take the devices back to their home state in Florida and Texas, while keeping the students educational needs at the forefront. By identifying an online platform that is universal, and recognizing the need for students to see emerging technologies first hand, Blake played an integral role in the development of technology kits that use these emerging technologies to meet curricular and technology standards. He travels the globe working with teachers and students in regards to educational technology. As a Google Certified Innovator, Google Certified Trainer, Apple Certified Trainer, his knowledge base is very extensive, that also extends into maker spaces and STEM.
Date: Thursday, August 23, 2018
Time: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM CENTRAL TIME (lunch on your own)
Location: Hobart High School
Cost: $125.00/member or $250/non-member*
*Cost of all workshops are based on membership in an Indiana ESC. Any registrants who are not members of an ESC in the state of Indiana will be required to pay the non-member fee of twice the amount of the workshop cost.
**See cancellation policy below
WVEC CANCELLATION POLICY:
* Registrants who notify WVEC of their cancellation on or before the registration deadline date will not be required to pay the registration fee.
* Registrants who cancel after the registration deadline but before the workshop date or call to cancel on the day of the workshop will pay 50% of the registration fee.
* Registrants who neglect to call or notify the WVEC of their cancellation will be responsible for paying the full fee.
* On official school corporation weather-related cancellation days, registrants will not be required to pay registration fees.
Registration open through 8/21/2018 10:45 PM EST
No one has registered for this event yet.