The new Math standards and assessments are full of reading and language. This often complicates understanding for English Learners, Special Education, and struggling readers. This workshop will provide teachers with solid evidence based strategies for increasing math understanding and achievement with their most diverse learners.
Participants will walk away with:
• An understanding of the language demands in the current Math Standards and assessments
• Strategies that can be implemented in the classroom immediately
• Strategies that can be used to develop language and content knowledge at the same time….at any level
• Strategies for scaffolding and differentiating math instruction for EL’s and other Diverse learners
• A beginning plan for implementing strategies
Tami has had extensive experience working with English Learners as an Instructional Assistant, Classroom Teacher, Principal, and most currently as the Coordinator of a large Title III Consortium within Indiana. She is well versed in planning, instruction, and assessment for ELs. She currently serves as the Director of Professional Learning for WVEC.
Date: Tuesday, December 4, 2018
Time: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM (lunch on your own)
Location: Wabash Valley Education Center
Cost: $125.00/member or $250/non-member*
*Cost of all workshops are based on membership in an Indiana ESC. Any registrants who are not members of an ESC in the state of Indiana will be required to pay the non-member fee of twice the amount of the workshop cost.
**See cancellation policy below
WVEC CANCELLATION POLICY:
* Registrants who notify WVEC of their cancellation on or before the registration deadline date will not be required to pay the registration fee.
* Registrants who cancel after the registration deadline but before the workshop date or call to cancel on the day of the workshop will pay 50% of the registration fee.
* Registrants who neglect to call or notify the WVEC of their cancellation will be responsible for paying the full fee.
* On official school corporation weather-related cancellation days, registrants will not be required to pay registration fees.
Registration open through 12/2/2018 11:45 PM EST