This interactive and engaging 1-day workshop will support teachers and leaders at all levels in deepening their understanding of how to better analyze data / evidence of student learning to make quality inferences to drive decisive instructional actions. Participants will learn how to best utilize and act upon the data and evidence they currently possess related to student learning and will utilize the Developing a FormativeMindset® framework to support them in becoming better consumers of their existing data and evidence related to student learning. Any teacher or school leader attending will leave better armed to determine what current practices and strategies are truly impacting student learning. All participants will leave with tools and defined actions they can implement immediately in their classroom, school, or district.
Objectives: Participants will…
• Learn how to best determine quality inferences from all of the student learning data and evidence they currently possess
• Understand how to utilize the Developing a Formative Mindset® framework to support them when examining all aspects of student learning data and evidence in their schools / classrooms.
• Develop a specific strategies to act upon what they have discovered from existing data and evidence to drive more decisive actions to improve student learning outcomes
Date: Tuesday, April 3, 2018
Time: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM (lunch on your own)
Cost: $150.00/member or $300/non-member
Location: Wabash Valley Education Center
Dave is a national and international presenter and consultant to schools pre-K-12 for since 2003. He currently is an author consultant with Corwin Professional Learning and is a certified Visible Learning+ presenter. He is the owner of NZJ-Learning (LLC), which is a company he founded and named after his three boys: Nicholas, Zachary, and Jacob. Using his experience and expertise, he has presented and helped schools, from pre-K through grade 12, implement effective practices leading to gains in student achievement. His main focus when working with schools has revolved around assessment, instruction, leadership, and effective collaboration. His is the author of Effective Grading Practices for Secondary Teachers: Practical Strategies to Prevent Failure, Recover Credits, and Increase Standards- Based/Referenced Grading, (Corwin, 2015).
His engaging style and expertise helps participants wrestle with, learn, and apply critical concepts into their daily practice to best impact both student and adult learning. Dave has inspired teachers and leaders across the nation and in other counties to pursue higher levels of implementation with greater focus, rigor, and clarity. He has a strong moral aspect, intelligence, easy way with people, and saving sense of humor that support him in his life and work.
Registration open through 4/1/2018 11:45 PM EST
WVEC CANCELLATION POLICY:
* Registrants who notify WVEC of their cancellation on or before the registration deadline date will not be required to pay the registration fee.
* Registrants who cancel after the registration deadline but before the workshop date or call to cancel on the day of the workshop will pay 50% of the registration fee.
* Registrants who neglect to call or notify the WVEC of their cancellation will be responsible for paying the full fee.
* On official school corporation weather-related cancellation days, registrants will not be required to pay registration fees.
*Cost of all workshops are based on membership in an Indiana ESC. Any registrants who are not members of an ESC in the state of Indiana will be required to pay the non-member fee of twice the amount of the workshop cost.