Teachers will learn a variety of technological tools that they can use in their social studies classrooms to increase student engagement leading to increased retention and achievement.
You will leave this workshop with the tools to:
• Ignite student interest in historical events using technology
• Increase the amount of time-on-task with engaging curriculum
• Improve retention through immersive online learning experiences
Dustin Harrison is a teacher with Western Boone School Corporation. He went to Fountain Central High School, then Purdue University and graduated with a degree in Social Studies Education. Currently Dustin teaches two sections of AP World History and four sections of World History. He also coaches cross country and track.
Date: Monday, October 1, 2018
Time: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM (lunch on your own)
Location: Wabash Valley Education Center
Cost: $125.00/member or $250/non-member*
*Cost of all workshops are based on membership in an Indiana ESC. Any registrants who are not members of an ESC in the state of Indiana will be required to pay the non-member fee of twice the amount of the workshop cost.
**See cancellation policy below
WVEC CANCELLATION POLICY:
* Registrants who notify WVEC of their cancellation on or before the registration deadline date will not be required to pay the registration fee.
* Registrants who cancel after the registration deadline but before the workshop date or call to cancel on the day of the workshop will pay 50% of the registration fee.
* Registrants who neglect to call or notify the WVEC of their cancellation will be responsible for paying the full fee.
* On official school corporation weather-related cancellation days, registrants will not be required to pay registration fees.
Registration open through 9/27/2018 11:45 PM EST
|16 people are registered for this event. |
Click here to see everyone attending this event.