Learn the ingredients necessary to create a comprehensive EL program which will result in a recipe for success for your school!
• Guidance regarding mandatory EL procedures for low incidence schools
• Receive a walk-away document to support your program
• Support from initial enrollment through instruction and monitoring of ELs
Lori North is the EL Director for the Community Schools of Frankfort. She has worked with English Learners for over 20 years in Frankfort as an elementary teacher, an EL teacher, and now serves as the EL Director for over 700 English Learners. Lori has her Master’s degree in Language, Literacy, and Cultural Studies from Indiana University in Bloomington.
Brenda Ward is an EL Director for Lafayette School Corporation with over 20 years of experience working with students and teachers grades K-12. She is passionate about advocating for English Learners and hopes to inspire others to do the same. She has been an elementary and middle school English teacher, EL teacher, and is now an EL Director for a district with a large EL population. Brenda has her Master’s degree in Language, Literacy and Cultural Studies from Indiana University.
Date: Tuesday, September 10, 2019
Time: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM (lunch on your own)
Location: Wabash Valley Education Center
Cost: $115/Service Center Member or $230/District not belonging to a Service Center*
*Cost of all workshops are based on membership in an Indiana Educational Service Center (ESC). Any registrants who are not members of an ESC in the state of Indiana will be required to pay the non-member fee of twice the amount of the workshop cost.
**See cancellation policy below
WVEC CANCELLATION POLICY:
* Registrants who notify WVEC of their cancellation on or before the registration deadline date will not be required to pay the registration fee.
* Registrants who cancel after the registration deadline but before the workshop date or call to cancel on the day of the workshop will pay 50% of the registration fee.
* Registrants who neglect to call or notify the WVEC of their cancellation will be responsible for paying the full fee.
* On official school corporation weather-related cancellation days, registrants will not be required to pay registration fees.
Registration open through 9/9/2019 9:00 AM EST