National Presenter, Dr. Tom Jenkins will be here to share Tier I (core instruction) research based practices for Elementary and Secondary English Learners that are evidence based. This workshop will include:
• An introduction to the components of SIOP and how these help EL’s in the classroom
• Factors to consider when planning for EL’s
• Effective Data Analysis for EL’s
• Strategies for Language Development
• Interventions for EL’s
Dr. Tom Jenkins is a parent and a respected educational psychologist and consultant. He received his Educational Specialist Degree from James Madison University and his Doctorate in Education from the University of Virginia. He is an expert in Response to Intervention (RTI) training and heads a highly successful educational consulting firm in Wilmington, NC. He has worked as a school psychologist within the public education system for over fifteen years. Dr. Jenkins is a published author and sought-after speaker in the areas of RTI, Curriculum-Based Measurement, Problem-Solving Model, Student Assistance/Study Team Process, and Research Based Interventions.
Dr. Jenkins has been working at an ESL magnet school for the last ten years and is in the process of opening his own Latino Literacy Center Literacy Center for students and their parents in North Carolina.
Date: Wednesday, November 14, 2018
Time: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM (lunch on your own)
Location: Wabash Valley Education Center
Cost: $125.00/member or $250/non-member*
*Cost of all workshops are based on membership in an Indiana ESC. Any registrants who are not members of an ESC in the state of Indiana will be required to pay the non-member fee of twice the amount of the workshop cost.
**See cancellation policy below
WVEC CANCELLATION POLICY:
* Registrants who notify WVEC of their cancellation on or before the registration deadline date will not be required to pay the registration fee.
* Registrants who cancel after the registration deadline but before the workshop date or call to cancel on the day of the workshop will pay 50% of the registration fee.
* Registrants who neglect to call or notify the WVEC of their cancellation will be responsible for paying the full fee.
* On official school corporation weather-related cancellation days, registrants will not be required to pay registration fees.
Registration open through 11/12/2018 11:45 PM EST
|19 people are registered for this event. |
Click here to see everyone attending this event.