This presentation will focus on how a district can enhance their educational eLearning experience by:
• Looking at district guidelines and how they align to student outcomes
• Expanding and Developing on the effectiveness of eLearning days
• Developing Lessons around engagement and relevance
• Digging into Apps and Online tools to use in the lesson and lesson development will be the majority of the day
• Using effective questioning to get results
• Defining what the eLearning Day is to look like
o Scenarios to be aware of
• Putting policies in place - share policies or create as a group
• Using teacher Effectiveness outcomes and rubrics
• Using student Effectiveness outcomes and rubrics
• Understanding how to Evaluate digital learning effectiveness
• Learning how to hold stakeholders accountable
This workshop will be held at Hobart High School in Hobart, Indiana. You will enter the building through Door 1 and the workshop will be held in Room LC 1111.
All times listed are Central Time.
Blake was named the Technology Coordinator of the Indiana Migrant Education Program in June of 2014. Upon his hiring, he was able to assist in integrating a 1:1 initiative with all the migrant students in the state of Indiana. His visionary leadership has provoked the first ever pilot in which students will take the devices back to their home state in Florida and Texas, while keeping the students educational needs at the forefront. By identifying an online platform that is universal, and recognizing the need for students to see emerging technologies first hand, Blake played an integral role in the development of technology kits that use these emerging technologies to meet curricular and technology standards. He travels the globe working with teachers and students in regards to educational technology. As a Google Certified Innovator, Google Certified Trainer, Apple Certified Trainer, his knowledge base is very extensive, that also extends into maker spaces and STEM.
Date: Friday, August 24, 2018
Time: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM CENTRAL TIME (lunch on your own)
Location: Hobart High School
Cost: $125.00/member or $250/non-member*
*Cost of all workshops are based on membership in an Indiana ESC. Any registrants who are not members of an ESC in the state of Indiana will be required to pay the non-member fee of twice the amount of the workshop cost.
**See cancellation policy below
WVEC CANCELLATION POLICY:
* Registrants who notify WVEC of their cancellation on or before the registration deadline date will not be required to pay the registration fee.
* Registrants who cancel after the registration deadline but before the workshop date or call to cancel on the day of the workshop will pay 50% of the registration fee.
* Registrants who neglect to call or notify the WVEC of their cancellation will be responsible for paying the full fee.
* On official school corporation weather-related cancellation days, registrants will not be required to pay registration fees.
Registration open through 8/21/2018 10:45 PM EST