This training will cover the recognition and prevention of pediatric abusive head trauma as defined in KRS 620.020. Topics will include definition of pediatric abusive head trauma and the injuries and conditions that accompany it. It will also include information on risk factors, diagnostic indicators and strategies for working with families to prevent inflicted injury.
• Review statistics of Pediatric Abusive Head Trauma (PAHT)
• Define and describe Pediatric Abusive Head Trauma and its associated injuries
• Describe the anatomy of the infant head and brain
• Recognize early warning signs of child physical abuse
• Review the range of outcomes for victims of PAHT
• Identify risk factors associated with PAHT
• Identify specific strategies for awareness and prevention of PAHT
• Understand prevention of sleep-related deaths
15% discount for Kent Alumni, Faculty, Staff, and Field Supervisors. Discount taken at checkout
* Please note: You will receive access in 2-3 business days to allow time for account sponsorship.*
Kentucky Board of Social Work
The Kent School Continuing Education program is dedicated to assisting social workers in meeting their professional development needs, maintaining and improving professional competence. We strive to provide trainings that are innovative, engaging and in line with the Kent School's mission of addressing complex social problems through education, research and service to create a just and better world. Our continuing education program demonstrates to the community, prospective students and alumni, our commitment to them, not only inside the classroom but once they are out in the field. In becoming one of the top research social work programs in the country, we provide tools to support your practice in addressing societies most difficult problems.
Contact us at: