This event is offered by NALIP (National Association of Lutheran Interim Pastors) with supporting co-sponsors: the Pacifica Synod, ELCA and the Pacific Southwest District, LCMS.
Details of the event are as follows:
When: Thursday, June 1, 2017 - 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Where: Pacifica Synod Lutheran Center for Mission & Learning
1801 Parkcourt Place, Bldg. C, Santa Ana
What: Learning Topics Include:
- Five Focus Points and the Developmental Tasks
- Vision and Mission During the Interim
- How the Interim Process Tasks Have Changed
- Overview of Best Practices and Trends
- One or two additional topics as requested by early registrants
Learning methods will include a balance of direct instruction, shared materials and group discussion.
Who: This training event is for:
- Trained and experienced Intentional Interim Pastors who have completed training under NALIP, IMN (or equivalent 60 hours)
- Pastors who have judicatory training along with a minimum of one interim assignment completed.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS EVENT IS LIMITED TO 25 PARTICIPANTS
Leaders: Presenting Leaders of the NALIP training faculty include:
- Richard Paul - Dr. Paul is a pioneer in the practice of intentional interim ministry having completed several interims in the Pacific Southwest District, LCMS, beginning in 1997. He has served on the training faculty since 2006.
- John Czarnota - Having done transition work from as early as his seminary times, John now is a leader/practitioner of IIM in the East Central Wisconsin Synod, ELCA with 28 interims completed and is now on his 29th. He is the youngest member of the NALIP training faculty which he joined in 2008. He is currently working on a NALIP curriculum for training Lutheran Outdoor Ministry Interim Directors.
- Peter Alexander - Peter has completed 9 interims since 2000 in 4 LCMS Districts and now serves as Dean of the NALIP training faculty where he started teaching in 2007. This work, inspired by his colleague +Larry Koger, is his latest obsession.
Cost: $75.00 (includes lunch and dinner meals)
Pre-Reading: It is expected that participants will be familiar with these books:
- Transitional Ministry Today - Norman Bendroth, editor (2015)
- Teaching Fish to Walk - Peter Steinke (2016)
Peter Steinke's book may be purchased by going to: https://newvisionpress.wordpress.com/products/.
CEU: Continuing Education Units available on request and for a small fee.
If you have questions about registration, please contact Terri Robertson at 714.352.8732.