Where to Publish?: How to Select and Target Publishers for Graduate Students
Thursday, November 16, 2017
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Registration open through 11/9/2017 11:45 PM EST
An in depth look at what matters most in targeting the best publishers for your work. Topics will include a comparison of commercial, University-based, trade and open-access publishers, identifying appropriate journal publications with impact factors, citation reports and other measures of reputation and readership, and specialized library resources for finding and choosing the best publication venue for your book manuscript or article.
- Evaluating journals (impact factors, reputation, tiers, audience/readership)
- Measuring relative impact factors of different journals
- Evaluating publishers (types, reputation, what they publish, open access)
- Commercial vs. University vs. Open access publishers
- Trade vs. research monographs
This workshop is ONLY open to Graduate students, and Post-docs.
Registration ends 1 week prior to the workshop - food is provided.