Airway Management Sept 28 10AM
Dick Mason EMT-P graduated from Mott Community College in 1974 as an Emergency Medical Technician licensed by the state of Michigan. He is licensed by the state of Michigan as a Red Cross First Aid and CPR instructor. In addition, Mr. Mason has been an AHA, ACLS, PALS and BLS instructor, and is a Certified Rescue Driver. He is a member of the National Safety Council.
- The didactic portion of this course will review the following information:
- Airway and respiratory assessment
- Management of the airway that is obstructed by either foreign body, mechanical, or structural
- Airway support of the patient that is unable to protect/maintain their airway
The hands on portion will cover:
- Assessment of the airway through discussion with the instructor as well as demonstration of techniques on a training manikin
- Demonstrate/discuss use of airway adjuncts, i.e. nasal canal and oxygen mask.
- Demonstrate correct technique for bag valve mask ventilations. Demonstrate correct use of the following intermediate airway devices combitube, King System LTD, and Laryngeal Mask Airway (although all of these devices will be demonstrated and used during the course we recommend that the practitioner choose one as their emergency device.)
At the conclusion of this course the participant should be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in providing airway management, including oxygen administration, bag valve mask, basic and advanced airway use.
- Recognize and manage respiratory arrest.
- Recognize and manage foreign body airway obstruction.
This course also covers children
Please note: there is no discount offered on this program
Registration Ends: 9/11/2017 11:59 PM
Time: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM