Monday, July 23, 2018
The registration period has closed for this event.
Registration open through 7/28/2018 9:59 PM 9:59 PM Mountain Time (US & Canada)
• Once you have registered, there will be no refund.
• Schedule: Class will be held from 8:00-5:00 each day, with a 1 hour lunch break (typically from 12:00-1:00)
• Attendance: Participants are expected to attend all sessions during the week of the course for recertification. If necessary, participants are permitted up to 1/2 day absence and still be eligible to receive full credit. They will need to make arrangements with their instructor on the first day of class.
• For questions contact: email@example.com
• About the course: Idaho State University has partnered with the Idaho State Department of Education to develop a professional development course, Teaching Mathematical Thinking, as part as the Idaho Math Initiative to ensure teachers are given the opportunity to stay current in mathematical education and research for their classrooms. This course provides an opportunity to study fundamental mathematical theory underlying the content area of number and operation and structures of algebraic thinking. Topics will include: meanings of operations and how they relate to one another, computation within the number system as a foundation for algebra, the use of mathematical models, and the understanding student thinking. Emphasis will be given to developing ideas about multiplicative thinking, proportional reasoning, and algebraic reasoning.
For more information or questions, please contact Gabriel Rodriguez at 208-282-4838 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Twin Falls Area- TBD