Wednesday, September 4, 2019
9:00 AM -
Seats remaining: 19
Munson Regional EMS Education announces a paramedic course beginning on September 4, 2019 and concluding October 22, 2020. MREMSE offers exceptional instructors, who are experienced in EMS and other related areas of medicine; as well as high volume clinical resources of Munson Medical Center, a regional tertiary care center. This course meets and exceeds the curriculum requirements of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and Michigan Department of Health and Human Services requirements. Hours include approximately 589 hours of classroom instruction in addition to a minimum of 95 hours completed in an online format and 672 hours of clinical experience, including 264 hours of field externship. All of these hours must be completed by October 22, 2020.
All classes will be held in the EMS Education Classroom located at 550 Munson Ave, Traverse City, MI; with clinical activities occurring at Munson Healthcare Hospitals, area EMS agencies, and other clinical sites throughout the State of Michigan. Upon successful completion of the course and obtaining a license, students will be able to apply 43 credits to an Associates of Applied Science in Paramedicine at Northwestern Michigan College.
The course is planned for lecture and classroom assignments every Wednesday 9:00am - 3:30pm and lab time on Mondays & Thursdays from 9:00am - 3:30pm depending on the size of the course.
Total Cost: $6,950.00. Price includes etext.
Deposit: $500 non-refundable deposit MUST accompany online registration.
Payment in full is due no later than first night of class unless prior arrangements are made. (Agency billing arrangements must be made with the Program Director).
Munson Regional EMS Education does not provide any financial assistance for this course.
To pay by credit card: Select 'credit card' for the payment type on the registration form and enter your credit card information.
To pay by check: Make checks payable to Munson Regional EMS Education and send to:
Munson EMS Education
1105 Sixth St.
Traverse City, MI 49684
Must be completed before the first night of class:
1. Complete a registration on the Munson Medical Center/EMS education website
2. Provide a copy of your EMT-Basic license or NREMT Certificate and provide evidence of:
a. A minimum of 1 year of experience with a transporting ALS unit or
b. A minimum of 2 years of experience on a non-transporting BLS unit or
c. Completion of an EMT to Paramedic Fast Track Externship (MREMSE EMT-B graduates only)
3. A letter of recommendation from your EMS agency director or chief that describes your experience as required
4. Provide a copy of your valid Michigan Driver's license
5. Complete and pass an EMS provider pre-test scheduled at MREMSE
6. Apply to NMC and pass the COMPASS test
7. 2 letters of recommendation as to your personal character (personal or professional references)
8. Obtain and submit a criminal background check: https://apps.michigan.gov/
9. Proof of professional liability insurance for the term of the course
10. Complete oral interview with Medical Director, Program Director and Lead Paramedic Instructor
11. Vaccinations must be up to date, including:
a. Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids within the past 10 years
b. Measles, mumps, rubella vaccine (2 shot series)
c. Poliovirus vaccine
d. Varicella vaccine or documentation verifying that you have had the chicken pox
e. Hepatitis B vaccination (must have started the series, or sign a declination form)
f. Negative TB test within the past year
g. Current flu shot
12. Take and pass the pre-test (the test and interviews will be scheduled in August 2018)
If you have questions about this class, please contact William Brodin, Advanced Educator, at email@example.com or 231-935-7844.
Registration deadline: 9/4/2019 11:59 PM
The registration period has closed for this event.
Foster Family Community Health Center
EMS Education Classroom
550 Munson Ave.
Traverse City, MI 49686
Please use the East Entry on the Ground/Main Level.
Click here for directions