The Adaptive Schools Foundation Seminar presents a productive, practical set of ideas and tools for developing collaborative groups in becoming effective and better equipped to resolve complex issues around student learning. The work of the Adaptive Schools Seminars is to develop the resources and capacities of the organization and of individuals to cohesively respond to the changing needs of students and society.
Participants will develop:
- An increased capacity to initiate, develop and sustain high functioning groups
- New lenses for diagnosing the stages and phases of group development - An expanded repertoire of practical facilitation tools
- Understandings of when and how to engage groups in dialogue and discussion, the limitations, forms and values of each
- Skills to move groups beyond consensus to common focus
- Ways to value and use dissension, argument and conflict
- Strategies for keeping group members on track, on topic, energized and resourceful
*This training meets the ESSA definitions for professional development.
This is a four day training.
Days 1-2 on October 1 and 2, 2019
Days 3-4 on November 5 and 6, 2019
Lunch is provided!