**This series will be held online via Zoom**
This online series will include 3 separate sessions on April 23, April 30, and May 7 from 4:00pm to 6:00pm. Participants will receive 10 CPDUs upon completion of all three sessions.
Are you a teacher supporting ESL (emergent multilingual) students in your classroom? Do you have questions about ways to effectively help these students? Join us for a 3 sessions where we brainstorm ways to support culturally and linguistically diverse students. We will look at the WIDA Standards to determine instructional pathways based on what students know and can do. Teachers will come away with practical tips and strategies to support students in their classrooms in all content areas.
Session 1 - Intro / Background
• Introductions/Filling out google doc - biggest concern (10 mins)
• Terminology and Clarification (5-7 mins)
• The “Science” of Learning a Language (10 mins)
• Common Misconceptions - Reading (jigsaw and sharing) (30 mins)
• WIDA Standards (review/how to read 10 mins)
• Application (exploration of WIDA Standards/discovery and writing) Scenarios of students - MODEL (10) what could you do! (20) Come up with several pathways (10) - sharing
Session 2 - Problem Solving Classroom Situations
Session 3 - Assessment