Please join us for a gathering of Middle and High School Science Teachers to share and network with each other centered around best teaching practices. We plan to meet on the last Wednesday of every month centered around a theme and hosted by a different school in Central Illinois. In doing this, we can tour each other's spaces and allow the group to be authentically teacher-led.
Here are the details for our first meeting:
Date: Wednesday, February 26th
Location: Champaign Central High School (610 W. University Ave., Champaign, IL)
Theme: Acids & Bases
*PDHs will be provided.
*Pizza will be provided.
What to bring:
A lesson/demonstration/lab to share with the group (optional)
A laptop or device to view links to shared activities (optional)
- Welcome (& Pizza) - Mindy Waters
- Sharing of Activity by Host School: Liza Dickinson, Nicole Sarm, Aubrey Wachtel
- Debrief/Discussion Centered around activity: All
- Sharing of Acid/Base themed activities/labs/demonstrations from teachers who attend - open forum
- Discussion of the group's next steps & Closing - Mindy Waters