Head and Neck Examination: Documentation of findings
A critical component of the head and neck examination includes documentation. Part II of the Head and Neck Examination course series will provide an overview of thorough documentation of findings that can contribute to the difference between early and late stage diagnosis of medical conditions including malignancies. At the end of the program the participant will be able to:
1. Provide a standardized method for documenting intra oral findings.
2. Provide a baseline for subsequent comparison.
3. Develop an office protocol for course of action taken and follow up upon detecting a lesion.
4. Discuss documentation as a legally accountable standard of care action.
5. Gain knowledge of data collection forms utilized for providing complete documentation of findings.