Responsive Mathematics Institute Session 18/25/2017
The Responsive Mathematics Institute is an opportunity for educators to examine mathematics instruction from an equity perspective. Participants will explore the following questions:
• How does identity influence one’s perception of math?
• What are strength based instructional models that can be implemented in the mathematics classroom?
• How can cultural modeling be embedded within the mathematics classroom?
• How have I imposed my biases on students?
• What privileges do I have because of my identity?
• How can we as educators develop a reflective practice?
There are six dates in this series, and you may register for any combination of them:
The cost is $35.00 for educators outside of Livingston and Washtenaw Counties.