CMS Do Tank workshop - Kearney
On-Line Registration for this event is closed, however you may still register on site.
This event will be held the afternoon of May 15th, 2017, 1:00 - 5:00 PM, at the Holiday Inn Convention Center, 110 2nd Avenue, Kearney, Nebraska.
Registration for this event is $20.
Disaster strikes! Do you and your team know your next steps with the new Center of Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) regulations? Join the University of Nebraska Center for Preparedness Education and Field Innovation Team (FIT) to solve an emergency in real time supporting recovery with the new regulations.
The team will walk you through a three-step process for designing continuity solutions demonstrated with a simulated disaster—beginning with a narrative of who and what you are solving for, then sculpting a focused challenge statement through a reframing exercise, and concluding by building out a concept to prototype in small, networked teams. Along the way, the team will cover emergency management and case studies from past emergencies that demonstrate the design process as a proven method to solve challenges in crisis.
You’ll learn a design thinking process that enables on-your-feet problem solving and rapid response in the health field, supporting lives.
- Religious Nonmedical Health Care Institutions (RNHCIs)
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers (ASCs)
- Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facilities (PRTFs)
- All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE)
- Transplant Centers
- Long-Term Care (LTC) Facilities
- Intermediate Care Facilities for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities (ICF/IID)
- Home Health Agencies (HHAs)
- Comprehensive Outpatient Rehabilitation Facilities (CORFs)
- Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs)
- Clinics, Rehabilitation Agencies, and Public Health Agencies as Providers of Outpatient Physical Therapy and Speech-Language Pathology Services
- Community Mental Health Centers (CMHCs)
- Organ Procurement Organizations (OPOs)
- Rural Health Clinics (RHCs) and Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs)
- End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Facilities
- Public Health
The Center for Preparedness will also be holding their 15th Annual Emergency Preparedness Symposia on May 16th, 8:00 - 4:30, same location, for more information and registration please click here, there is a separate registration for this workshop.
Online Registration closes: 5/12/2017 10:59 PM
For more information, visit www.preped.org, call 402.552.2529, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
From time to time the Center takes photos or video of our programs to use in our marketing materials both in print and on the web. By registering for either of these courses, you’re giving consent to have your photo used for these purposes. If you DO NOT agree to have your photo used, please call Beckie McCaw at 402.552.3122 and we will make arrangements to exclude your photo from use.
Registration fees are non-refundable, if you are unable to attend you may send someone else in your place or transfer your registration to another Symposia session. Please notify the Center for Preparedness Education (email@example.com) prior to the event date of any substitutions.