This training is to help increase school providers understanding of Diploma and Credentialing options for students with disabilities. This presentation will help them to recognize and identify:
1. The definition of self-determination and its relation to determining individualized diploma and graduation options
2. The credit requirements for graduation in NYS.
3. The Multiple Pathways to Graduation 4 + 1 Option requirements for all students.
4. The appeal eligibility criteria for all students
5. The safety net options for students with disabilities
6. The exiting credentials available in NYS and the requirements for each
Intended Audience: General Education Teachers, Special Education Teachers, Administrators, School Counselors, School Psychologists and other service providers.