Best Practices: Explicit Vocabulary Instruction
This is a three-part series Professional Development on embedding Explicit Vocabulary Instruction into primarily Tier I instruction. The Professional Learning Opportunity is from 9:00AM-11:00AM on the following dates:
• Part 1: February, 1, 2023
• Part 2: February 8, 2023
• Part 3: February 15, 2023
Intended Audience: Literacy Specialists; Special Education Teachers; General Education Teachers; School Psychologists; Principals, Assistant Principals
At the conclusion of this series,
• Participants will be able to explain the importance of robust vocabulary instruction for students in the elementary grades.
• Participants will understand how explicit instruction can be applied to vocabulary instruction.
• Participants will be able to describe key features of vocabulary instruction and identify ways to incorporate vocabulary instruction into different parts of the school day.