'This is a 2-part Introductory Professional Development series on Universal Screening Overview from 1-3 pm on the following dates:
12/6-Module 1: Key Terms and Definition and Module 2: Selecting a Universal Screening Measure
12/13-Module 2: Selecting a Universal Screening Measure and Module 3 Implementing a Universal Screener
The purpose of this training is to provide participants with an overview of what universal screening is and how to adopt this practice in their schools.
'After this training, participants should be able to:
1. Define universal screening
2. Describe the purpose of universal screening
3. Describe the features of a high-quality universal screening measure
4. Identify tools to guide them in selecting a universal screening measure
5. Describe ways in which data from a universal screening measure can be used
Targeted Audience(s): Administrators, Literacy Specialists, School Psychologists, General Education Teachers, Special Education Teachers, and any others interested in implementing universal screening. '