Below is a list of the Health and Safety topic areas required by the CCDF plan that must be completed by June 30 2017. SWCDC, currently offers the following trainings to help you meet each of those requirements as well as to further your knowledge on health and safety topics relevant to the needs of the children in your care.
Please refer to the following list to find trainings that are approved for the following topic areas. You may want to check back often as trainings are added.
Required topic areas:
1. Prevention and control of infectious diseases, including immunization;
2. Administration of Medication, with parental consent
3. Prevention of and response to emergencies due to food and allergic reactions;
4. Building and physical premises safety, including identification of and protection from hazards that can cause bodily injury such as electrical hazards, bodies of water, and vehicular traffic;
5. Emergency preparedness and response planning for emergencies resulting from a natural disaster, or a man-caused event;
6. Handling and storage of hazardous materials and the appropriate disposal of biocontaminants;
7. Precautions in transporting children, if applicable;
8. Prevention of shaken baby syndrome and abusive head trauma
9. CRP & First Aid
10. "Recognizing and Responding to Suspicions of Child Maltreatment" as required in Rule .0705(g)
Please visit Prevent Child Abuse North Carolina to attend the recommended course to meet this requirement.
11. Prevention of sudden infant death syndrome and use of safe sleeping practices.