Click to read a copy of our Academic Honor Code.
Click HERE for our self paced/on demand courses.
Click HERE to access a calendar view of upcoming trainings.
Click here to access a list view of upcoming trainings.
Click here to see a list of our approved Health and Safety trainings and please continue to check back frequently as we are in a process of continual development.
Click here for a list of all of our courses by title and description.
If you would like to see a list of our approved Health & Safety trainings by required topic area, please click here
We are continuously developing new courses. Please check back for new listings and updates!
Southwestern Child Development Commission, Inc offers high quality training opportunities in a variety of formats, both face-to-face and online (instructor led and self-paced/on-demand) to expand on previous learning and to enhance the educational levels of early care and education professionals.
All trainings are approved by the NC Division of Child Development and Early Education (NC DCDEE) and are based on their approved In-service Training Topic Areas.
Click here to see if our trainings are approved in your state. We are working on obtaining approval in all states, please check back or contact Karen Darby as your state may be pending approval.
SWCDC currently offers the following trainings self paced/on-demand:
(Please click the "list view" to register for a training)
6 hour learning events:
1. Second Steps to Orientation: Within the First Six Weeks of Hire (6 Hours - .6 CEU)
5 hour learning events:
- BSAC-Basic School Age Care (5 hours-.5 CEU)
- Anger & Aggression in Young Children (5 hours - .5 CEU)
- Autism Spectrum Disorders: Putting the Pieces Together (5 hours- .5 CEU)
- Bite Marks (5 hours - .5 CEU)
- Body Image: Children, Teens, & Mental Health (5 Hours - .5 CEU)
- Children's Health and Safety Essentials-CHASE (5 hours - .5 CEU)
- Children with Incarcerated Family Members (5 hours -.5 CEU)
- Components of Early Literacy & Learning (5 hours - .5 CEU)
- Dimensions of Dual Language Learners (5 hours -.5 CEU)
- Exploring the ECERS R: An Overview (5 hours - .5 CEU)
- Facing the FCCERS: An Overview (5 hours .5 CEU)
- Fostering Language Development-Beyond Open Ended Questions (5 hours -.5 CEU)
- From Nosebleeds to Needlesticks: Encounters with Bloodborne Pathogens (5 hours -.5 CEU)
- Gang Awareness (5 hours -.5 CEU)
- Go The Extra Mile: Building & Sustaining Relationships with Families (5 hours -.5 CEU)
- How to Handle Hard to Handle Parents (5 hours -.5 CEU)
- Human Trafficking is Happening (5 hours .5 CEU)
- Language Acquisition & Planning with NC FELD (5 hours/.5 CEU)
- Making Sense of Sensory Processing Disorder (5 hours - .5 CEU)
- Mechanics of Mathematics (5 hours .5 CEU)
- Methamphetamine & the Effects on Children (5 hours - .5 CEU)
- No Hero in Heroin (5 Hours - .5 CEU)
- Nuts, Trees, & Bees! Oh My-Allergens in Early Care and Education (5 hours - .5 CEU)
- Only 1 U: Suicidal Youth (5 hours - .5 CEU)
- Studying the SACERS U: An Overview (5 hours -5 CEU)
- Teaching Intentionally (5 hours - .5 CEU)
- Yakety Yak: These Kids Talk Back & Other Daily Dilemmas (5 hours - .5 CEU)
3 hour learning events
1. Objective Observations & Authentic Assessment (3 hours- .3 CEU)
2. But I WAS Listening...Auditory Processing Disorder (3 hours- .3 CEU)
3. Tackle Turnover before Turnover Tackles You (3 hours -.3 CEU)
4. First Steps to Orientation: The Initial 2 Weeks of Hire (3 Hours - .3 CEU)
2 hour learning events
- CLASS: What Should I know? (2 hours -.2 CEU)
- Classroom Rules and Behavior Expectations (2 hours - .2 CEU)
- Confessions of a Picky Eater (2 hours .2 CEU)
- Eww...The Flu! (2 hours - .2 CEU)
- Getting Familiar with Foundations (2 hours - .2 CEU)
- Infants & Toddlers in the Outdoor Environment (2 hours- .2 CEU)
- Infant Mental Health: The Basics of What & Why (2 hours - .2 CEU)
- Infantile Spasms: Little Seizures-Big Spasms (2 hours. .2 CEU)
- Lesson Planning for Preschool with Foundations (2 hours - .2 CEU)
- Nitpicking: Headlice Helpline (2 hours- .2 CEU)
- Powerful Professional Development: Creating Learning Outcomes & Pre/Post Surveys (2 hours -.2 CEU)
- Preventing Injuries in Early Care and Education (2 hours - .2 CEU)
- Professionalize Yourself (2 hours - .2 CEU)
- Rest Time Reluctance (2 hours -.2 CEU)
- Shaking Hurts: Abusive Head Trauma (2 hours - .2 CEU)
- Smile at Me: Oral Health (2 hours - .2 CEU)
- Stay with Me: Continuity of Care for Infants and Toddlers (2 hours -.2 CEU)
- Take of Tour of Tourette Syndrome (2 hours -.2 CEU)
- Teaching Tootling vs. Tattling (2 hours - .2 CEU)
- The Power of Redirection (2 hours - .2 CEU)
- Transitions: Creating Smooth Moves (2 hours -. 2 CEU)
- Turn Time Out into Time In (2 hours - .2 CEU)
- Up in Smoke or Vape (2 hours - .2 CEU)
- Zero in on Zika Virus (2 hours - .2 CEU))
ADHD & the Developing Child (3 hours/.3 CEU)
Stay tuned for new courses!
Southwestern Child Development Commission, Inc. is an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this accreditation, Southwestnern Child Development Commission, Inc. has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard, which is recognized internationally as the standard of good practice. As a result of their Authorized Provider status, Southwestern Child Development Commission, Inc. is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.