PRE-K CLASS™ OBSERVATION
Thank you for selecting a Pre-K CLASS™ Observation with Child Care Services Association. CCSA is an affiliate organization with Teachstone, the organization that directs and manages all CLASS™ related services, trainings and activities.
Your Pre-K CLASS™ observation service includes:
One classroom observation ($355) by a certified Pre-K CLASS™ Observer who will complete 4 cycles of observation with a total visitation time of 120 minutes. Please note that outdoor free play will NOT be included in the observation, therefore please plan to schedule for 120 consecutive minutes of classroom observation. There will be an additional charge if your observation requires more than 120 minutes. Written summary of scores with a brief narrative to delineate the final composite.
The Day of Observation:
1. The appropriate qualified teaching staff must be present for the observation. If the observer arrives at the program but is unable to complete the observation for any reason (for example, classroom schedules or absent staff), there is no refund of your fee.
2. You can expect your observer to actively record notes while watching and listening to the activities and interactions in the classroom. You can prepare children by sharing that the observer is there to watch and learn how the children play. The observer will enter and leave the classroom every 15-20 minutes. The observer will do this 4 times to complete 4 cycles of observations.
3. You will need to notify us of your need to reschedule your observation at least 5 days in advance.
Payment is non-refundable. Once you register for an observation there is no refund.
1. If you call to reschedule at least five business days in advance, there is no charge to reschedule. Please be aware that appointments are limited.
2. If you call to reschedule less than 5 business days in advance, we will reschedule your observation but there will be an additional fee to reschedule of $165.
3. If the observer arrives at the program but is unable to complete the observation for any reason (for example, classroom schedules or absent staff), there is no refund of your fee. Rescheduling will be full price ($355).
4. Cancellation for any reason forfeits all fees.
Your program will receive written summary of scores with brief narrative information to delineate the final composite within 2- 3 weeks following the observation. This information will be sent to the program administrator.
If you should have any questions or concerns about your observation, please contact: Diana Lloyd, TA Manager, 919-403-6950 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the CLASS™ System, please visit www.teachstone.org.